Deployments create unique stressors for Sailors and their family members. Recently, the Commander Navy Installations Commands, Fleet and Family Support Program released a dynamic series of video podcasts specifically designed to help Navy families thrive amidst the challenges and stress of deployment.
The videos range from three to five minutes in length and provide an overview of the following:
- Resilience During Deployment centers on the emotional stages in the Cycle of Deployment; Anticipation, Withdraw, Disorganization, Stabilization, Anticipation and Renegotiation.
- Children and Deployment discusses the effect on children, from infants to teens, when a parent deploys.
- Financial Planning for Deployment provides an overview of how using the Deployment Checklist can reduce financial stress.
- Community Based Deployment Support is designed to help family members identify resources within their local civilian community.
- Navy Family Ombudsman Program explains the role of a command Ombudsman and how they help family members identify Navy resources to meet their needs.
- Homecoming and Reintegration gives examples of the final stage in the Cycle of Deployment for the Sailor and their spouse to get back “in sync.”
- Individual Augmentee (IA) Deployment touches on the unique challenges and resources available for an IA deployment.